Al Hosn is the UAE’s official app for contact tracing and health status related to COVID-19. On the Al Hosn app, you will be able to receive:
• COVID-19 test results and a record of all previous COVID-19 results with their dates.
• A notification if you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
• Vaccination information, including the type of vaccine you have taken and the date of dose given.
The app also facilitates sharing test reports and vaccination certificates. If you are a citizen, resident or visitor to the UAE, it is important to download the Al Hosn App.
What does the green, red and grey status mean on the Al Hosn App?
The Al Hosn app has three colours that change depending on the individual COVID-19 health status.
Your status will turn Green if you fall under any of these three categories
Category 1 :
You need to:
- Be fully vaccinated and have received a booster shot after six months of the second dose.
- Have a negative PCR test result. A negative PCR result is required every 14 days to retain a Green Pass.
Note: To be considered fully vaccinated, you must have received both doses of the vaccine and a booster shot. If your second dose was six months ago, you are eligible for the Covid- booster dose.
Category 2 :
You can also have a Green Pass if you are qualified for vaccine exemption, but you will need to provide a negative PCR test result every seven days.
Category 3 :
Children under the age of 16 – no PCR test required.
You can be fully vaccinated or exempted and still have a Grey status. This means that the PCR result has expired, and a new one needs to be taken.
Also, if you have not received a booster dose after six months, the Al Hosn App will present a grey status.
If you are unvaccinated or have not received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, your status will be grey on the Al Hosn App.
Your status will turn Red, in the following cases:
Your PCR test is positive.
• If you were recently infected with COVID-19 but have tested negative after completing your mandatory quarantine, your status can still be Red. This is because the Al Hosn App needs two negative PCR tests and a 24-hour duration is required between them.